Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE VICTIMS

by John Grauerholz




 
Serial murder is inevitable.  Mass slaughter is a sure and certain part of mass culture.  Just as a forest fire is part of the natural environmental cycle, so serial killers are part of the demographic environment.

I don’t give a shit about victims.  I don’t care about people who got in the way.  I am not the least bit concerned about collateral damage.

No, I am not going to any vigil.  No, I am not going to remember the names of the victims – and, if you were honest, you would admit that you can’t recall them either.  No, I am not going to light a candle in their memory – they are of no significance to me.  I just don’t care.

Yes, it is unfortunate that all those human beings perished in such a manner.  But people expire in unpleasant ways all the time.  You need to accept that, if someone is fated to die, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.  Their time was up.  If a given person had somehow managed to avoid getting shot that afternoon, he would have died from a massive stroke that evening.  You can’t escape destiny; you can’t escape death.  Their victimhood was inevitable.  It was meant to be.

You need to acknowledge the suffering in life.  You need to admit that you are powerless to do anything about misfortune.

Human life is the most overrated thing on this planet.  Human existence is the most over-hyped thing in this world.  The victims are of no consequence.  There are 7 billion Homo sapiens on earth – but, be honest, if some stranger dies, you don’t really give a rat’s ass. I said, be honest.  Pretending to care about someone you have never met does not make you a better person, just a dishonest person.

I am NOT trying to encourage you to become a spree killer – I am not trying to discourage it either.  Mass murder is beyond praise or criticism.  Just as you should have no emotion for the victim, you should have no emotion for the perpetrator either.

The world is over-populated.  And if some of those people were to reach their predictable and providential demise, all that much more space for the rest of us.  A serial killer is just as much a part of evolution as a mutated virus.  Just as a rancher thins the herd, so human natures culls some of the excess of the species.  If people die, then people die.

5 comments: